or laugh or cry or yell or giggle or...or...or...
I have waited all my life to experience the joys of being pregnant and becoming a mom and I can assure you it has been well worth the wait. I still wake up every morning (or in the middle of the night to go visit my new favorite room) and am completely amazed that God has placed this little one inside me and charged me with the task of caring for it.
I often chuckle at the fact that some how this thing the size of a lemon can completely rule my thoughts, conversations, activities, food choices, prayers, and in general my daily life. I find myself wishing away time wanting the next mile stone...particularly my birthday (8.12) when we should find out the gender...to hurry up and get here. While there are many ups to this time of life there are also some downs as it is a great roller coaster. The following are a few things that I have learned in the past 14 1/2 weeks:
-I have ZERO control of my emotions most of the time...luckily I can usually at least control my behavior!
-Water really is important even if it doesn't taste as good as Kool-Aid.
-Baby's opinion comes first...i.e. if the baby doesn't like it neither do I!
-There is a new level of exhaustion that comes with growing a baby and I am TERRIBLE at taking naps.
-Orange juice is wonderful.
-Chicken is even better!
-One bottle of water can send me to my new favorite room up to 4 times in an hour.
-Morning sickness is bologna...it can last all day.
-My husband is a wonderful man and very patient (see bullet #1).
-Milk does a body good!
-Pregnancy gives me a terrible complexion.
-I pray I am never put on bed rest...it/I will not be pleasant.
-Food you thought you like before you no longer like and the food you would never touch is suddenly wonderful.
-Your body is no longer yours.
-Prenatal vitamins are awesome for growing nails and hair.
...and finally...
The baby's heartbeat is the sweetest sound in the world!
2 comments:
Oh Allison!! I'm so glad you are enjoying being pregnant! You are right...the morning sickness lasts ALL day...and I would never touch bell peppers before I was preggo, but somehow grew to LOVE them when I was pregnant with Cameron and now eat them with everything!
Keep enjoying it!
I'm glad you get to experience all of this first and warn the rest of us. Of course, those of us who are hearing all the gory details first-hand may end up just adopting! It's so much fun to be around for this adventure. :)
Post a Comment