Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, March 11, 2011

Leo - 3 months

My sweet boy turned 3 months old Friday. I still feel like it was yesterday that he was placed on my chest, so tiny, yet he felt so familiar. Now, I realize, I know almost everything about him. I know that he likes to eat 4oz of a bottle exactly every 3 hours during the day, but sometimes he will be nice and stretch it to 4 hours at night. I know that if I am not fast enough to get the bottle to him then only the orange paci will suffice. I know that he likes to take a cat nap right after eating. I know the sweet spot to pat to help him release the most hilarious loud old man burp...belch! I know that after his 5 minute rest he is ready to play. This includes checking out the octopus on his playmat, swinging and watching some Baby Einstein, or kicking like a wild man while sitting in his bouncy seat which he now loves. I know that after about an hour or so he will start whimpering which is his cue to me to give him his paci and snuggle him up on my chest and rock. I know that at this point it takes approximately 2 minutes max for him to pass out cold. I know that if you tickle his mouth you will get an instant gummy grin that melts my heart. I know that he LOVES bathtime and is wonderfully relaxed in the tub. I also know that he will look a bit like Albert Einstein as his hair dries. I know that when he is really happy and having a good time he drools uncontrollably. I know that he really doesn't mind riding in his car seat and I know that he can stay awake about 5 minutes in the car before the sleepies hit.

I also know that my baby is one tough cookie! This month he had to have surgery on his foot. The doctor had to go in and cut his Achilles tendon then placed Leo in his final cast for three weeks. I only thought the casts were a pain. My sweet boy was so brave and such a trooper. Three weeks after his surgery he was placed in shoes with a bar between them. While very cute, he was terribly miserable the first couple of days in them. Luckily, I know now how strong he is as he kicks his feet, bar and all. Finally, I know that he is a happy baby as the smiles and coos prove. I only hope he knows how much he is loved and adored by his mommy and daddy.
3 months

3 months
2 months

1 month
1 week

2 comments:

The Blevins' said...

so sweet. You are definitely his momma and you know all of the tricks and nuances of your sweet man. He is so handsome. Glad you are enjoying him so much. They grow way too fast!!

Nellie said...

I love that you take the time to write all of this down. It will be such a treasure to him when he is grown and will let you relive this special time over and over through the years. :)