Where did this last month go??? I'm pretty sure it only actually lasted about a week. Needless to say time seems to be flying by, primarily due to ever growing and changing baby boy and the end of my life as a student! Leo has been such an awesome baby lately. He has really come alive and is showing us his personality which is proving to be very fun and very easy going. My sweet boy loves to chatter and babble and is totally thrilled with sitting in his bouncy seat. He absolutely adores bath time and I quickly learned that his little bathtub needs to be placed in our big bathtub for baths, unless I want to clean the entire bathroom as he typically kicks at least 1/4 of his bath water out. This guy loves to kick and splash in the water and is so much fun to watch. He is still pretty chilled out on tummy time, but getting better at holding his noggin up. He is a very smiley little guy and if you are not paying attention to him he will stare you down and grin at you once you look over at him. He is weighing in at 14 pounds and 13 ounces and is 25 inches long. His hair continues to thicken and appears to be getting blonder by the day. He has got some hilariously long strands of hair that wrap around in a swirly on the back of his head...so cute! He laughed for the first time today, is getting better and better at his hand control, and is steadily turning into a thumb sucker. He has developed some super strong abdominal and leg muscles as he can lay in bed or in his bouncy and pick his legs (bar, shoes, and all) at a 90 degree angle. I often wake up in the morning to the sound of his legs/shoes and bar crashing down on the sides of his cradle as he kicks them around. As always, he is the light of our lives and I could not imagine a better, easier going baby. We recently carted him all over downtown New Orleans and the French Quarter while I was attending a conference. He got maybe 2 thirty minute naps a day while there, but was perfectly happy and consistently caught the eye of street performers and passers by as he cooed and smiled and kicked in his stroller. Leo also got to have his first overnight stay with Grammy and Papa while I went to Oklahoma City on some school business. I hated being away from him, but I know he had a great time with them. Overall, my sweet boy is growing faster than I can imagine and I am greatly looking forward to all the fun these next few months will bring!

1 comment:
I'm pretty sure it's only been a week. Stop growing so fast, Leo! But keep being cute. :)
Post a Comment