Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, August 26, 2012

iMama

When I "signed up" to be a mom, I had some very idyllic notions about what it would entail. Some where overstated, some under, and some right on the mark. For instance, I knew I'd be busy and sleep deprived. I knew I'd love Leo with more heart than I knew I had, yet I underestimated exactly how much that would be. I thought I was prepared for the constant state of "go" that would come with toddlerdom...I wasn't. I was aware that toys and baby-friendly foods would fill my shopping bags. What I wasn't prepared for, however, was to come in second to the iPad. That's right...he, my sweet babbling boy, will now say iPad, but he will not, NOT, call me Mama.....he will call for his Dada, he will request "outside", he will say hi and bye and up and toot-toot, but he, this child whom I carried for 9 months and have tended to day and night for 20 months absolutely will not say my name. Oh well, for now, I shall change my name, I would now like to be called iMama!

No comments: