Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

To Annie on your 1st birthday!

My Darling Girl,
     How is it possible that you are already a year old?  You will learn someday, when you have precious babies of your own, that time really does "fly".  One year ago I was feeling a bit like I was about to pop.  I absolutely couldn't wait to meet you.  Your room was ready, our hospital bag was packed, the house was clean, and I had been having contractions on and off for almost 2 months.  I knew what it was like to have a baby.  I knew the level of joy and fear I would feel.  I was so very happy to have you in my arms and to look at that sweet pink face, but I was so scared.  Scared for you, scared for me, scared that I would no longer be able to protect you from this world, from my own klutziness, from your crazy big brother.  For as much as I wanted to meet you I longed to protect you.  Thankfully, though, their is one who loves you more than Daddy and I, and He can protect you.  My darling girl, God is good, trust him, rely on him, he will never hurt you.
      Annie Kate, when we found out that you were a girl I was beyond excited.  I have been lucky to be blessed by having a mother who is also my best friend.  I pray every night that not only will I be the best mother for you, but that we may also genuinely be friends.  I feel, that even though we've only been together a year, we are well on the road to a lifetime of girl talk, shopping, giggling, crying, cuddling, and being friends.  Remember my darling girl, I will always be your mother first and your first best friend.
    Sweet girl, your blonde wispy hair, with just a teeny hint of curl, makes me so happy.  I can't wait for it to be long enough to fix!  Everybody loves your hair and comments on how very blonde it is.  Don't buy into the blonde jokes, kiddo, you are wise beyond your year!  With your porcelain, fair skin, lovely blue eyes, long eye lashes, and perfect rosebud lips you are simply beautiful.  However, my darling girl, beauty, true beauty comes from the heart.  I pray that you always keep your beautiful heart.  You love your daddy, brother, Lucy, and me.  While you cannot tell us with your words, your eyes, your smiles, your super-slobbery kisses, cheers, and hugs tell us without question.  Keep that beautiful heart and I know you will have a happy life.
    Finally, Annie, my darling girl, know that you are loved.  Sometimes in the middle of the night I will sneak into your room just to watch you sleep.  (I do this to your brother, too, but lets keep that a secret!)  I find that when I am away from you, my arms ache to hold you.  Your cry breaks my heart (and makes me giggle a little - you make a great pitiful face!)  You bring joy to our lives and we praise God for entrusting you to us.  You are a blessing, a gift, and we love you so much.  Happy 1st birthday, my darling girl!
Love,
Momma

1 YEAR OLD!!!!

11 months

10 months -  in 18 month sized pjs!

9 months

 8 months

7 months

6 months

5 months - oops.

4 months

3 months

2 months old

1 month old

1 week old



No comments: