I honestly do not remember a time that I have had as much fun as I did yesterday. My sweet Valentines, Scott, spoiled me beyond measure. The day started as the rest have been lately, with me studying for hours on end preparing for my exams on Friday. Scott came to my apartment around 3:00 to pick me up as we had plans to drive down to Gruene, Texas. He arrived looking quite handsome in clothes I had given him for his birthday and had an armful of a dozen beautiful, red roses and a gift bag. I opened my present to find a book that he had made from Shutterfly that had pictures of our dating history and very sweet and funny notes added in. I could tell he had put a great deal of time into it and I absolutely LOVE it! Once I quit crying I gave him his gifts. After the gift exchange we got in his car and headed to Gruene (about an hour and fifteen minutes away). About half-way through the trip we were talking and out of no where Scott pulls from the car door pocket another dozen roses...that's right...a total of 2 dozen beautiful, red roses. Once I regained the ability to speak we continued on to Gruene. We arrived in the cute little quaint town of Gruene, Texas and toured some of the little antique and gift shops. we then had about an hour and a half wait for dinner, but we enjoyed sitting under the trees and watching the other people waiting on their tables. Just before our delicious dinner was delivered, Scott surprises me again and pops a James Avery box onto the table. He had bought a silver heart charm that is inscribed You are always in my heart. This man is far too sweet to me.
After dinner we went over to Gruene Dance Hall and listened to a band, Emory Quinn, which was quite good. We were beginning to become worn out from the day's adventures so we decided to head back to Austin. In his car he had hidden my very favorite treat, Reeses Peanut Butter cups. So on the way home we had a yummy dessert of pb cups and chocolate covered strawberries, which I had made.
All in all it was a fantastic day. One that I will never forget!
Thank you Scott. I loved sharing the day with you - you are always in my heart too!
6 comments:
What a sweetheart! That man is good to you! I'm so happy you had a good day and as they say, and many more.........
What a wonderful day! Scott sounds like a wonderful guy. Hope to meet him one day soon. :)
Sometimes it's hard to write the sappy things because you know it is just that, sappy! But I say that it is SO wonderful - as someone who knows you both - to hear how good you both are to each other. I hope you continue to enjoy the wonderful blessings that a relationship with someone so caring and thoughtful brings. Congratulations on you BOTH on your finds of a wonderful partner!
Sappy or not...I'm THRILLED you had a wonderful Valentine's Day! Scott, you're spoilin' the girl!!
I agree with your Mom and want to add, "Keep it up!" :)
Truly, Allison, you have a heart of gold and I'm so happy the Lord's blessed you with such a sweet relationship!
Wow!!!! In all my life, I have never received (as a gift) 2 dozen roses in one day!! We had them at my wedding, but it was my planning. Not to mention a bag of peanut butter cups too!!! It sounds wonderful, and I know you loved it!!!
Post a Comment