Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Change is Gonna Come

Well, it seems that yet another chapter in my life has come to a close making way for a new one to begin. Today I returned the keys on my Austin apartment. Moving to Austin was the greatest thing that could have happened at the time as it forced me out of my comfort zone and into a city that I didn't know, full of people that I didn't know. I moved from my steady, reliable job, from my comfortable little home, and from a town I knew like the back of my hand. However, at the time of the move I had little clue as to the blessings that were awaiting me. I have met some wonderful friends who will be a part of my life forever. I found a niche at UT both with my own studies and my work. Finally, I found the love of my life when I was least expecting it. I never imagined that on a twirly ride at Fiesta Texas in the heat of August (2007) I was laughing with a man who would become my best friend and in a couple of months my partner for the rest of my life.
As I handed the keys over to the apartment manager I turned to look at my empty apartment and all I could hear was the laughter of friends, I could see a few tears that had been shed, I could hear hours of conversations over poorly cooked meals (or emergency pizza), and I could see a first kiss between two very nervous people. I could see the blessings that God so richly poured on me in the last two years. Having moved into a new home, the one I will share with my husband, I am confident that there will be many blessings and trials, many times of laughter and some tears, and many memories made. While life is so fickle one thing is for certain...a change is gonna come.

10 comments:

Bobbie said...

There may even be some poorly cooked meals and "emergency" pizza, but mostly there will be love and that's all that matters! So happy for you and Scott.

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

I am so happy for you... now we have got to see this new house... God is Good.

Nellie said...

May God bless your new home with joy and laughter, love and compassion, happiness and patience! So happy for you!

Dianna G said...

So happy for you!

Leigh Leigh said...

God bless your new home, friend!

Sam and Courtney said...

I'm so happy for you, Allison! You deserve it!

John and Christy said...

Wow, you get cut off from the internets for a couple of months & look what all happens. Congrats, girl! I'm thrilled for you & Scott. I didn't realize you were in Austin - I can't believe how many AFC'ers moved there after I left. So great that he proposed to you at Oasis - that's a gorgeous spot!

Kara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kara said...

Allison, Where is the new house?? When I first saw those words about you turning in your keys, I thought it meant you were leaving Austin. So happy for you guys. I have missed seeing you lately. Hope all is going well. Kara

Wes Whatley said...

awesome blog post :)