Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Cassady's are Producing...

via a garden!

Scott recently decided he wanted to start a new hobby of gardening. We hired a contractor (aka my dad..thanks Dad!) to build a 4x4 garden box and have spent this beautiful Sunday purchasing supplies and setting up our new garden. We have planted 1015 Texas Sweet Onions (yum!!!), red and yellow bell peppers, tomatoes, carrots, and cilantro. Hopefully this summer we'll see the fruits of our labor!


The plants.


Mom trying to sort through my bags of nails, but really just enjoying the sunshine.


Putting the box together.


The first plant!


Dad let Callie and Jack write notes to us on the wood.







Scott with his produce!

Okay sun, soil, oxygen and water...do your thing!

2 comments:

Jane H said...

Had lots of fun with y'all getting your box garden ready...can't wait for some home-grown, home-made salsa!!!! Told you you needed to buy some jalapenos! We'll provide the limes if the tree made it through the freezes! Happy gardening!

Leigh Leigh said...

Wow, what a great idea! I've been wanting to start a garden but I don't know anything about it. Is it hard? Keep me posted. I think I'll start with tomatoes and an herb garden.