Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

...and baby makes 3!

At 7am on Friday, April 16, 2010 my world changed. Suddenly I had a new perspective on life, love, and happiness. That morning I learned that I am going to be a mom!

Words still fail to express my excitement, fear, amazement, anxiety, and utter joy at this development. God has done so many wonderful things in my life in the past three years. Namely, moving me to Austin, giving me a job I love, introducing me to a wonderful man, and making him crazy enough to ask me to marry him. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever imagine the turn my life would take, but I feel so blessed.

We are expecting our very special Christmas present around Sunday, December 26th!

The following video is of Scott learning the news later in the afternoon on the 16th of April. He has been quite obsessed with his garden lately and I thought it would be the perfect way to tell him. As he came home from work that afternoon, I called out to him from the backyard to come look at his garden as there was something new growing in it. As you'll see in the video I had taken 3 tests, wrapped them in saran wrap, and "planted" them in the garden for him to find.



His reaction was so fun...and loud (I had a pounding headache at the time). Later that evening we decided to celebrate with our favorite meal from Pappadeaux's where Scott practically shouted the news at our waitress. Needless to say we are a bit excited and can't wait to meet this new little person.

Without further ado...introducing Snickelfritz (as my Dad has named the baby):::


4 comments:

Jill said...

that was a great video! can't wait to meet your little one!
Jill

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

COngrats.. I love all the yells, moans and laughter... love it... a great way to surprise him... can't wait to see pics of the little one.

Rebecca said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful idea to "plant" the tests in the garden. You are going to be fantastic parents and what a special Christmas present to add to your family. There is just something about December with all of ya'll.

NaShay said...

Congratulations Allison!!! So excited for you and your family! What a wonderful gift!