Holy moly he is 5 months old! I have decided that being a mommy is the best thing that I have ever done. I have absolutely adored these last 5 months with the sweetest baby on earth. Leo is getting to be more and more fun everyday. He is now rolling over and playing with his toys on his playmat as he spins in circles. His favorite item continues to be his bouncy seat, but I think that may change soon as he just got an awesome new jumper/entertainment seat. He babbles and coos all the time and has recently added squealing to his repertoire. He is still a bit stingy with his laughs, but it is so adorable when he does. He absolutely LOVES taking baths and it typically requires at least one refill of the bathtub in order to get him completely bathed as most of the water is kicked and splashed out. He is so funny as he makes this super serious face while he is kicking...it is hard work after all. He is continuing to work at eating food. Formula is still his main source of nutrition, but oatmeal baby cereal is quite popular...if you can actually get it and keep it in his mouth. He has now tried apples, sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, prunes, and pears...with pears being his least favorite. He will only eat baby food with out making a crazy face accompanied by a shiver if and only if it is mixed with formula and cereal...pretty funny to watch.
Of all the fun things my precious baby does, my absolute favorite is his cuddly nature. Leo is perfectly happy cuddling anywhere and anytime. The moment that weakens my knees that I will remember always is in the middle of the night when he wakes for his 4am feeding. I pick him up from his bed and place him on my shoulder. He quickly lays his head down and then his precious, soft, tiny hand makes it's way to my face. He either places his hand on my cheek or chin and I can feel his warm breath on my neck and every night in that short sweet moment I thank my God for this perfect blessing named Leo Hewitt Cassady.
Of all the fun things my precious baby does, my absolute favorite is his cuddly nature. Leo is perfectly happy cuddling anywhere and anytime. The moment that weakens my knees that I will remember always is in the middle of the night when he wakes for his 4am feeding. I pick him up from his bed and place him on my shoulder. He quickly lays his head down and then his precious, soft, tiny hand makes it's way to my face. He either places his hand on my cheek or chin and I can feel his warm breath on my neck and every night in that short sweet moment I thank my God for this perfect blessing named Leo Hewitt Cassady.





4 comments:
Time is absolutely flying! He is so cute, that nephew of mine. Loved your post--Leo is equally blessed to have you for his Momma!
I sorta think you like that kid! So do I! Just wait until he is 30-something and still making you happy!
I agree with Lisa. Leo is so blessed to have you & Scott for his parents. Ya'll are doing a good job with him. I thank God every day for all 3 of you. Keep up the good work!
As much as those middle of the night feedings left me tired and irritable at times, I wouldn't trade that sweet time for anything. I love your sweet description of his hand on your face and breath on your neck...amazing how you can love such a little thing SO MUCH! He is such a handsome man and so lucky to call you momma!!
Post a Comment