Well, I have been a terrible blogger lately. It is not for lack of things to talk about, but rather, lack of time and energy to get it typed up. So, I am going to do a big update on...well...all of us.
Leo
How do I say how happy this boy makes us? At 2 1/2 he is a literal bundle of energy. I am amazed at the constant state of motion he is in unless he is snuggling with Daddy or me, which thankfully, is often. He really is a sweet little man and loves a good snuggle. He will actually take you by the hand, lead you to Daddy's rocking chair and sit you down. He snuggles in on your left side and hands either go to his hair (if he is with Daddy) or to my hair. He will gladly sit there for anywhere from 2-30 minutes. It is fabulous! He is most definitely starting to exhibit his 2 year old-ness. He is well versed in telling us 'no' when asked or told to do something, but he does so in the sweetest little tone of voice with a look on his face that makes us feel nuts...like, why would we ask or tell him such a thing. It is difficult not to laugh. He is most certainly learning to express himself and his opinions, sometimes via a lovely fit, but all-in-all he is a really good two year old. We love watching him play and he loves having us sit on the floor so he can sit on our knee while he plays. He LOVES cars and pretty much anything that moves. It cracks me up to watch him use a little car as the driver of a bigger car. His imagination is really starting to work overtime as is his language. While still slow to talk, the amount of language he is using is really astounding us. His favorite phrases are:
-Hi, Dada
-Up-pee - which means a wide variety of things, but usually he is wanting us to come see or do something
-I doob it - aka I do/did it
-I get it - said three times in a row and always very quickly
-Yea - which is said most enthusiastically with both hands in the air
-Blast Off - courtesy of Little Einsteins
-Outside
-Pee, pee, pee - also said very quickly in succession - it means PLEASE!
-Uh Oh
-Oh, no
-Bubbles
-Ball
-No more - always said while looking very depressed and forlorn
-Deetah - anything he doesn't know the name for
There are more, but these are my favorite
Baby Girl
Yes, she does have a name, but it remains a secret until she joins us in about 7 weeks or so. She is getting big and we have moved to more of a roll and squirm type of action as opposed to sharp jabs and kicks. She seems to enjoy stretching out and pushing, what I believe is her backside, up and out as much as she can. She really gets to kicking whenever Leo is putting any kind of pressure on my belly. I am hoping this is not indicative of their future relationship. If so, we need to by Leo some shin guards! Her room is coming together nicely and I hope to get her decorations up in the next week or two. We are just getting so excited to get prepared for her and meet her.
Scott
He has been very busy at work lately. Today he was gone from home from 11:30pm-11:30am due to the tornadoes that moved through the area yesterday. He is really loving working at News 9 and they are so wonderfully understanding and supportive. A stark change from stations in the past. It is really fun seeing his enthusiasm about the work that he is doing. He is even more enthusiastic about his little boy. Every morning when Scott comes home, Leo hears the chime of the front door opening and can't get to his daddy fast enough. They almost immediately begin their game of chase through our house with an outstanding amount of giggling coming from both boys! He and Leo have become inseparable and have so much fun playing together. I am going to be curious to see how both Scott and Leo handle the arrival of Baby Girl. I hope Leo lets Scott hold her! With regards to the arrival of this baby, I have to brag on my husband. He has been so wonderful. He has certainly weathered the storm that is my emotions. I cried over fried chicken the other day...I mean emotional STORM!! He has been so helpful, taking care of things around the house and with Leo so I can attempt to rest my weary body. I can't wait to see him with his daughter as she is sure to be Daddy's little girl!
Me
I am doing as well as can be expected given the quite heavy bowling ball I carry with a toddler sitting on top of it! As mentioned in Scott's update, this baby has done a number on my emotional stability. I don't just cry or feel sad, I don't just feel happy. I am in this state of extremes. If I start crying, you can expect it to be a full-throttle ugly cry. There is little in-between. I really do love being pregnant, but the differences between my pregnancy with Leo and this baby are dramatically different. She made me very sick for many months where I wasn't sick at all with Leo. Leo's pregnancy was certainly a nerve-wracking one, where this has been quite smooth.
I must admit, I love my job, but I am thrilled for it to be summer. Walking up the hill to my building followed by a nice flight of stairs was leaving me significantly winded. I was blessed to become the Director of Student Teaching for the School of Education at OC. I have transitioned into the role over the spring semester and am continuing to work on placing student teachers during the summer. It is fun, but finding 80 classrooms willing to take a student teacher is quite a challenge! My students have been so fun and sweet during my pregnancy. It is fun to hear the questions they ask and they have given sweet gifts to baby girl. I am so blessed. Till the baby arrives my plans are to: play with Leo, finish placing student teachers, do some sewing, get her room ready, and take as many naps as I can!
No comments:
Post a Comment