I am humbled this evening as I have spent the day celebrating Christmas with my family...all of us...all 22.5 of us together. Throughout the day I have seen and heard many things. I have seen selflessness and thoughtfulness through the actions of friends. I have heard the laughter resulting from stories of the past being remembered and ached for the stories that have yet to be written. I have listened as a family works together to get one good picture. I have watched children giggle as they dump sprinkles onto their sugared works of art. I have seen women sing carols amidst their tears. I have felt the hope in their hearts. I have witnessed a father's joy as he watches his young son open presents with unbridled zeal. I have seen his strong arms move with tenderness and compassion as he cradled his baby girl. I have heard squeals and giggles as paper was torn from packages. I have listened to the sounds of toys whirring, and talking, and humming. I have felt the total trust of a baby as she drifts off to sleep in my arms. I have heard the sounds of a sleeping child breathing ever so peacefully. I have seen happiness override fear if only for a moment as God blessed us by allowing the day to creep ever so slowly by.
But of all the things I witnessed today, the greatest is that of the pure love that is shared by all in my family. The kind of love only bestowed upon those that know and love HIM. A love so great and powerful that no matter how dark life may be there is always a flicker of hope and joy that lights the way and makes the path clear.
Thank you Lord for my family.
To my family -Mom, Dad, Bryan, Lisa, Callie, Jack, Nugget, Sandra, David, Brad, Jenny, Zeke, Kaelyn, Gene, Linda, Gena, Doug, Ryan, Regan, Krista, Ashton, and Kendall - I love you.
7 comments:
Such a beautiful post, Ally. I'm in constant prayer for Brad and still believing with my whole heart that God will give us a miracle! Love you bunches!
I am so happy that you had a good time with your family... I loved seeing the pictures on Jenny's blog.
This post made me cry...
thanks :P well written and lovely...
What a sweet post. Your love for your family is so evident, and we love you! I am glad you have a blog now so I can keep up with you!
Ok this is how out of it I am--I didn't even know you had a blog. But, now that I do I will certainly check in on you!!! I loved your post about our family Christmas. You summed it up perfectly and your words were just so beautiful. It is hard to describe our family to others, but you captured the spirit of our relationships so well. Love you lots!!
g
What a wonderful day it was, and so are all the days when we are all together--I'm proud to be part of it!
lovely post...
glad to keep up with you through the blog world! :)
Post a Comment