That is how long Scott and I have been dating. So you don't have to do the math that would be a year. We celebrated a year of laughing, sharing, celebrating, and learning about one another.
When I first moved to Austin I was so glad to be meeting people my age, having fun, learning the city, and going back to school. I never imagined that this would be my life a year and a half later. I first met Scott in August of 2007 on an outing to Fiesta Texas in San Antonio with a group of Young Professionals from Westover Hills Church of Christ. This was my first event with the group and I was so nervous spending the day wit
h a bunch of strangers. I noticed this guy in the group who reminded me a lot of my cousin. He was so nice and funny and totally friendly. We ended up riding most of the rides together laughing and talking. We got really close to each other that day...I ended up accidentally sitting on his lap during one ride...it was one of those whirly-gig style rides that due to the centripetal force sent me flying across the bench and slammed me, despite all of my efforts, into him repeatedly. We were laughing so hard.
Skip ahead about 7 mon
ths and this nice guy and I had become friends. He called me a week before and sweetly asked me to dinner on March 24, 2008. It wasn't until I was off the phone and talking to a friend that I realized that he had actually asked me out on a date. He picked me up that night and we went to Matt's El Rancho, a yummy Mexican food joint here in Austin. We were never at a loss for anything to talk or laugh about, trading stories and trying our best not to let our nervousness show through. We had a great first date and as they say, the rest is history. Even in this year we have had some really great highs and some really painful lows, but through it all this sweet man has held my hand.

Scott, thank you so much for such a wonderful year together.
I love you.
When I first moved to Austin I was so glad to be meeting people my age, having fun, learning the city, and going back to school. I never imagined that this would be my life a year and a half later. I first met Scott in August of 2007 on an outing to Fiesta Texas in San Antonio with a group of Young Professionals from Westover Hills Church of Christ. This was my first event with the group and I was so nervous spending the day wit
Skip ahead about 7 mon

Scott, thank you so much for such a wonderful year together.
I love you.
12 comments:
okay...its been too long, i'm ready to see you and meet this guy! let us know next time you are in b-town we'll come see you!
So awesome! I can't believe it's already been that long for you two. Cherish every moment!
So happy for the two of you!
Congrats! Wonder how many minutes your parents have been married? Something like a billion?
They have been married 38 years now! Pretty amazing!
What a sweet post and congratulations... looks and sounds like you have a lot of fun together... we can not wait to see what the next year holds for the two of you.
Bobbie, I can't even do the "minute" math for 38 years!! Whew! Al, I'm so happy you're happy! And, am so proud of you for passing your oral exams w/o conditions!!! The best you could have hoped for! I never had a doubt you could do it! Love you!
You got me curious... 38 years exactly is 199,762,800 minutes. Congratulations to all of you!
Wow! That is 199 MILLION and counting!
Well that year went fast! Congrats on one year! Congrats on your Orals--didn't really have a doubt they would go well for you, though. Love the old pics--but now I'm sad that the kids aready look so much older!!!
Thanks, Angie, for the the minute math! It hurt my head to even think about it...wow, almost 200 million minutes! That's a long, long time! I think Bill should give me a gift!!!
Congrats! Here's to many more happy years to come!
Jane, I'm right there with ya! Time for a gift...good reason to celebrate. Really, congratulations to both of you. You are two extraordinary women and I am blessed by the both of you.
Kathryn
Post a Comment