Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, December 31, 2009

9 in 09

Reflecting on this past year I have learned so much about life, love, faith, cooking, friendships, families, etc. I have shared in heart break and love, laughter and tears, gain and loss, etc. Of all of this I have learned 9 lessons in 2009.

1. I have learned what it means to truly love someone more and more with each passing day.
2. I have learned that grief can be relieved by watching children play and laugh.
3. I have learned that the future is anything if not completely unpredictable.
4. I have learned that I am tired of being a student and am ready to be finished with this degree.
5. I have learned that when left in the oven for an hour and a half cinnamon rolls turn into charcoal briquettes.
6. I have learned that friends both new and old are a true blessing to my life.
7. I have learned that the feeling of my husband's hand in mine reassures me that life is indeed good.
8. I have learned that I am not in control.
9. I have learned to look forward to the future again, anticipating the secrets it holds, and the many adventures that lie on the road before us.

To 2010: please be kind to my family, please bless them/us with peace, happiness, and healing, please let life be hopeful and exciting, please bless us all with a year of joy.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Hi Allison! I just happened upon your blog from Camille's I wanted to say 1. Hello, and 2. I KNOW YOUR HUBBY! My husband and I went to church with the Cassidy's growing up. I was in the youth group with Matt and Gregg. What a small world. I'm so happy for you guys! Tell Scott that Matt and Shelly (Stanaland) Kacsmaryk said hello! He'll find it amusing that my hubby and I got married (if he doesn't already know). We fought like cats and dogs in the youth group. :-) Take care!