It feels like forever since I blogged anything....sorry to all 3 of my readers!
Needless to say life has been a whirlwind. To recap:
Christmas...Scott and I had the fun of figuring out how we were going to "make the rounds" between our families. We had a great time first going to celebrate with his family in Fort Worth, followed by a trip to San Antonio to celebrate Christmas with my "big" family, then on to Baytown to celebrate with my parents, brother, sis-in-law, nieces, and nephew. So... to figure out the mileage...we put over 900 miles on the car, but had a great time doing it.
Unfortunately, Christmas ended for me with a visit from the dear ole' piggy flu. It hit hard and fast and knocked me out of commission for almost 3 weeks as it also decided to invite it's friends ear infection and sinus infection to come to the party.
Scott and I rang in the New Year with me asleep/passed out on the couch while he flipped tv channels...exciting, huh?
Life quickly returned to normal with Scott going back to work and me getting to really concentrate on my dissertation proposal. Right now I am about 20 pages into my 50+ page proposal for my 200 or so page dissertation. The semester has begun again and I will be supervising 10 student teachers and researching another 5. It will be a busy semester but hopefully a great and productive one.
By the way, sorry for my lack of pictures in this blog...my camera was pushed to the wayside during the holidays...as a very sick Allison was not willing to take pictures nor did she want pictures made of her!
2 comments:
Glad to have you back blogging...but, why aren't you working on your paper instead? Kidding. Good luck on the busy semester!
Glad to have your update, and glad you are finally feeling better. I know you are an awesome supervisor for those young teachers Wishing you well on your dissertation work! :)
Post a Comment