Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, October 4, 2010

A Work in Progress...

This weekend my mom and dad came to Austin to help Scott and I begin preparation on the baby's room. With only 3 months to go I was excited to get things underway. Over the course of the weekend Mom cleaned my house and helped me get things in ship-shape order while Dad and Scott moved and covered Snicklefritz's new furniture, painted his room a wonderful shade of Stratosphere blue, moved the furniture back, put the crib together, broke down giant furniture boxes, helped Mom and I clean and organize the garage, fixed the screen door on the porch, fixed the headlight on my Tahoe, put together our new stroller, cut a tree limb down in the backyard, etc. We capped the weekend off with a delicious fried catfish dinner at the Catfish Parlor here in Austin.

Thank you so much Mom and Dad for all of your help and hard work this weekend. We, Scott, Snickelfritz, and I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THAT YOU DO FOR US!
I forgot to take a picture of the bedroom pre-baby invasion, but it was a cute, simple guest bedroom full of art that Scott had collected from his world travels.

Let the painting begin!

Dad offered to give Gus a fresh coat of paint. Gus didn't think light blue would be a good look for him.


Mom getting in the crib action.

I was a huge help!

Ta da!
Attempting to figure out how to put the stroller together. If you want a fun story, ask me about the deal we managed on our travel system!

4 comments:

Jill said...

I want to see the work in progress that is you!!!! Time for a belly shot!

Tracy said...

I especially love the picture of your dad painting Gus. When are we coming over to check it out? This week???

allison hanna cassady said...

Come on over Tracy and Jill...don't hold your breath!

Leigh Leigh said...

YAY!!! Can't wait to see even more photos as the room comes together! (hint hint)