Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thinking Thankfully

When I wrote this post last year I never could have imagined the turn my life would take. When I wrote it I had been happily married for a whopping 47 days. I was celebrating my first Thanksgiving with my husband and our friends away from my family for the first time which I thought was a very big deal. I cooked my first turkey and learned that I am not a fan of prepping the bird for it's time in the oven. We had a wonderful night (despite an Aggie loss to UT) and I felt so thankful for all that God has blessed me with.

As I write this post I am truly in awe of my life. I am still thankful for my wonderful, kind, patient, loving, supportive, caring husband. I am still thankful for my family both "new and old" who blesses me immeasurably. I am thankful for my friends, for my cats, my home, my job, my school. I am no longer thankful for kool-aid, but have traded this for chocolate milk and plain ole' water and I am still thankful for good tv and dvr's and lessons learned. I now add my bed and many pillows as well as homemade lasagna to the list of things I am thankful for.

Yet, my thankfulness and joy for these things pale in comparison to what I feel regarding this sweet life growing inside of me, kicking me, draining me of my energy, and utterly distorting my girlish figure. I love this boy more than I ever new possible and have yet to hold him in my arms or look at his precious face or place my finger in his hand to hold. I have yet to get to see Scott hold his son, but the sheer joy that plays across his face when he feels him kick serve as a mere preview of what that moment will be like. As I type, he kicks the laptop and shifts around and I love every second of it. I never knew the turn my life would take on April 16, 2010 when I learned that the Lord had charged Scott and me with the care of this little life but I know that I am blessed to get to be his mommy. We now wait, quite anxiously, for his arrival in the next 5 weeks or so and I cannot help, but reminisce about how much my life has changed and all that I have to be thankful for.

As I wrote in the close of my Thanksgiving post last year, "There are so many things to be thankful for this year and I am looking forward to see what will be on this list next year...so many possibilities."

Wishing a year of blessings and thankfulness to you and yours! Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Lisa Hanna said...

Very sweet!

Unknown said...

We too have so much to be thankful for and I love how your post sums up all of the joy that has come and all the joy that awaits for you and Scott! Any time now for that little one... :)